Prague Film Institute
Prague Film Institute was founded in 1999 as a reputable organisation providing educational and entertainment activities for youth and children. In 2011 Prague Film Institute accepted the first international students for semestral film production internship within the European Union’s exchange program “Erasmus”. Their teaching was focused mainly on hands-on film training and the development of practical media skills.
In 2019, after 8 years of experience with vocational education, They became an approved Pearson center for delivering work-related BTEC qualifications and started filmmaking courses as they are now. In January 2020 the first batch of BTEC students was admitted to the 1-year filmmaking program
Why Prague Film Institute?
practical courses that teach by doing, not just by teaching.
Students will study at the premises of film industry professionals.
best graduates have a chance to receive career opportunity offers.
Prague Film Institute look forward to navigating students path through the wonderful world of filmmaking
Prague Film Institute are pleased to offer international students the opportunity and foundation to experience Czech Republic.
Prague Film Institute offers summer, one year and two year film making courses for international students.
Application and tuition fees
- $20,250 for one year film making course
- $17,750/year for two year film making course
- $5,500/year for summer film making program
- Tuition fee includes Film equipment, essential production cost and professional post-production facilities are included. For shooting of the film, which could take up to 5 days, students will be provided with filmmaking gear to the value of more than 90 000 USD. Available equipment includes following cinema cameras Alexa Amira, RED Monstro, Sony F55 and many more
There are two ways inorder to apply to study at Prague Film Institute. Apply either through Harmeapply or Direct to Prague Film Institute.
If you apply through Harmeapply, you’ll benefit a guaranted complete assistance including visa application preparation, Air-ticket discount and possible accomdation discount.
Please prepare the following documents before you Apply.
- CV(Not applicable for Summer Program)
- Motivational Letter/Portfolio(Not applicable for Summer Program)
- High School Transcript(Not applicable for Summer Program)
- English Proficiency(Not applicable for Summer Program)
Steps to Apply
- Prepare the required documents
- fill your personal information
- Choose the program you want to study
- Fill the required information and attach the required documents
- Submit your application
- You’ll recieve a confirmation email instantly
- You’ll recieve further information by your email
- Secondary school leaving qualification
- Example of creative work / motivation letter
- Valid Passport
You will need a Study Permit if you are taking a program that is more than six months. You can book online or offline immigration assistance on our Booking page.
The college does not provide accommodations but we do have suggestions for accommodations.
The average living costs of students in Prague is generally about 500 – 600 EUR (12 500 – 15 000 CZK) per month, including meals, accommodation in a single room and public transport. Of course, prices may vary according to your accommodation, lifestyle and spending habits.
Prague is currently a significant centre of both filmmaking and studies. It hosts one of the largest and oldest film studios in Europe (Barrandov Studios) which neighbours our school. With affordable tuition fees and living costs, Prague is a dream city for every filmmaking student.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.